Gunfight continues between security forces, trapped militants in Kashmir
Srinagar: The Indian security forces were busy in a gunfight with three militants on Tuesday night who got trapped in a village in Jammu and Kashmir's Budgam district, said an official, adding the forces are surrounding the area.
The gunfight broke out in Radpug village of Mahagam area at around 7.30 p.m. when the militants opened fire at a joint security team undertaking cordon and search operations in wake of the attack on the Amarnath pilgrims on Monday, a police official said.
The security team comprised personnel of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), army's counter-insurgency Rashtriya Rifles and Jammu and Kashmir Police's Special Operation Group.
A CRPF official said that troopers of 176 Battalion were on the operation along with 2nd RR and SoG when the shootout broke out. "Three terrorists are trapped," he added.
- Alia Bhatt cries 'happy tears' as she reacts to Ranbir Kapoor cradling a baby: 'This video is a full vibe'
- PM Modi inaugurates Bharat Drone Mahotsav at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
- India Post Recruitment 2022: Bumper vacancies! Over 38000 GDS posts at indiapostgdsonline.gov.in- Check details here
- Delhi weather update: Temperature to rise, mercury likely to cross 40°C in next few days
- Covid-19 fourth wave scare: India logs 2,710 new cases, 14 deaths in last 24 hours
- Krishna Janambhumi Dispute: Mathura Court Directs Plaintiffs To Provide Plaint Copy To Shahi Idgah Committee, Next Hearing On July 1
- Imran Khan praises India again as Pakistan sees highest-ever rise in petrol price
- Bulandshahr's Chaiwala Couple: 67 types of cold-hot tea are available here
- In Hyderabad, PM takes potshots at KCR, says time to end dynasty politics
- Narendra Modi's Chennai Visit: PM holds roadshow after arriving in capital city