BJP wins Gujarat but settles lower than expected magic figure
Gandhinagar: The Bharatiya Janata Party opened account with a win over Alis Brij seat in Ahmedabad and finally swept the entire state with a majority of 92 seats and retained its rule over it for the 23rd year.
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel who were trailing the lowest, gained momentum and won from Rajkot West and Mehsana constituencies respectively.
In this fight for the sake of reputation in Gujarat, the early trends were favouring the Bharatiya Janata Party on almost all the seats but the winning number declined gradually. While the saffron party and the exit polls had expected a magic figure of 150 seat, they had to settle down for 92 seats only.
The BJP, earlier, was leading in the early trends with currently leading with a century of seats out of 182 while Congress has 81 to its kitty. We cannot ignore that Congress too is giving a head-on fight to the saffron party.
Saurashtra, however, presented a different picture initially with Congress leading the trends with 11 seats and BJP lacking behind with just 6 seats.
Election Commission officials indicated shortly after vote count began at 0800 hours that Bharatiya Janata Party candidates were ahead in 14 seats while the Congress had forged ahead in two seats.
Voting in Gujarat took place on December 9 and 14.
Saffron surge in India:
Check out major Winning or Losing performances:
BJP wins Alis Brij seat in Ahmedabad.
Win in 39 Urban constituencies: BJP in 32
Congress in 07
Gujarat Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel wins Mehsana (margin of 2200 votes)
Congress candidate Kalu Dabhi wins Kapadvanj Assembly in Kheda district
Congress wins Sojitra Assembly constituency
Jignesh Mevani wins from Vadgam constituency
BJP’s Kanubhai Karamshibhai Patel wins in Sanand
BJP’s Manisha Vakil wins in Vadodara city
Congress candidate Anil Parmar loses in Vadodara city
Congress’ Rajendrasinh Parmar wins Borsad in Anand
NCP’s Jayant Patel loses
Congress's Kanti Parmar wins Thasra Assembly Constituency
Ramsinh Parmar loses Thasra Assembly Constituency
Gujarat assembly speaker Ramanlal Vora lost from Dasada
BJP wins Porbandar seat
- Alia Bhatt cries 'happy tears' as she reacts to Ranbir Kapoor cradling a baby: 'This video is a full vibe'
- PM Modi inaugurates Bharat Drone Mahotsav at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
- India Post Recruitment 2022: Bumper vacancies! Over 38000 GDS posts at indiapostgdsonline.gov.in- Check details here
- Delhi weather update: Temperature to rise, mercury likely to cross 40°C in next few days
- Covid-19 fourth wave scare: India logs 2,710 new cases, 14 deaths in last 24 hours
- Krishna Janambhumi Dispute: Mathura Court Directs Plaintiffs To Provide Plaint Copy To Shahi Idgah Committee, Next Hearing On July 1
- Imran Khan praises India again as Pakistan sees highest-ever rise in petrol price
- Bulandshahr's Chaiwala Couple: 67 types of cold-hot tea are available here
- In Hyderabad, PM takes potshots at KCR, says time to end dynasty politics
- Narendra Modi's Chennai Visit: PM holds roadshow after arriving in capital city