Vested interests behind Indo-Pak tussle: Ghulam Ali
Varanasi: Pakistani Ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali said he wanted to spread the message of love, peace and harmony through his music but the vested political interests of both the countries were creating hurdle in this endeavor.
Hoping the better sense would prevail among the Hindu organisations which are opposing his presence at Sankat Mochan temple of Varanasi, he said as an artist he would not like to read too much into the politics though.
Ghulam Ali to perform:
- The Ghazal legend is here to perform at historical Sankat Mochan Sangeet Samaroh.
- He was speaking to media persons.
Silent on Modi:
- Ghulam Ali refrained to comment on prime Minister narendra Modi.
- Last time, he had commented that Modi desired to bridge the gap between two countries.
What Hindu Organisations have to say:
- The right wing Hindu organisations opposed entry of Ghulam Ali in the sankat Mochan Temple.
- They said the conversion and the rape of hindu girls in Pakistan were on a high.
- Several lives were lost in bomb explosion in sankat Mochan temple.
- Pakistan is infiltrating through Indian border and even attacked Pathankot air base.
- They also opposed entry of Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit.
Ghulam Ali on Hindu Organisations:
- Ghulam ALi hoped the better sense would prevail among those who were spreading unnecessary hatred.
- Music has no religion and it plays a role of great leveller in the society.