FASTag mandatory on vehicles from today; Know Everything about it...
From Monday (15 February 2021), FASTag has become mandatory on all tolls. That is, if you do not have a fastag in your vehicle from today, then you will have to pay double toll tax or penalty for crossing the toll plaza.
New Delhi: From Monday (15 February 2021), FASTag has become mandatory on all tolls. That is, if you do not have a FASTag in your vehicle from today, then you will have to pay double toll tax or penalty for crossing the toll plaza. Let us know that this new arrangement is not for two-wheelers.
FASTag mandatory from today:
Recently, the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) has also overcome the problems faced in recharging the Fastag. If the FASTag account of a vehicle is not recharged, then the driver will be able to recharge it on toll. NHAI is preparing to recharge in three minutes. In this case, if you have not yet started using FASTag at your car, get this work done as soon as possible.
Let's know everything about it-
Fastag is an electronic toll collection technique. It uses radio frequency identification (RFID). Fastag is a recharged prepaid tag that you have to place on the windshield of your vehicle from the inside.
How does FASTag work?
As soon as your vehicle reaches the toll plaza, the sensor on the toll plaza tracks the FastTag on the windscreen of your vehicle. After this, the fee levied on that toll plaza is deducted from your FastTag account. In this way, you are able to pay the fee without stopping at the toll plaza. This tag installed in the vehicle will start its work as soon as your prepaid account is activated. At the same time, when the amount of your Fastag account is exhausted, you will have to recharge it again.
Where to buy FASTag?
You have several options to purchase FASTag. You can buy it from e-commerce platforms like Paytm, Amazon.in and Flipkart. Apart from this, Fino Payments Bank and Paytm Payments Bank also issue fasttags. Not only this, you can also buy it from the bank. Banks currently offering FASTags include € HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, SBI, Kotak Bank, Axis Bank as well as Paytm Payments Bank.
- Monkeypox virus disease outbreak: New cases 'only tip of iceberg' but no urgent need for mass vaccinations, says WHO
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah actress Disha Vakani aka Daya ben blessed with a baby boy
- Don't make them dirty: Kejriwal's appeal as he flags off 150 e-buses for Delhi
- 'Tears in my eyes': Kejriwal lauds Punjab CM for sacking 'corrupt' minister
- Traders protest against removal of encroachment near Shri Krishna Janmabhoomi in Mathura
- Amidst pressure from China, Quad leaders meeting in Tokyo; America, Japan, Australia and India are participating
- Rules bar worship at 'non-living places', says govt over namaz at Qutub Minar
- Sensex opens 88 points above in early deals, trades at 54,376; Nifty above 16,240-mark
- Box Office: Yash starrer KGF 2 breaks existing records of Kannada films in Canada
- Meet the Top Teachers of the World: Super 30's Anand Kumar and Mathematics Guru RK Srivastava