Kanpur Derailment: DRM Jhansi transferred; 5 officials suspended
Kanpur: The Railway Ministry on Tuesday transferred Divisional Railway Manager of Jhansi Division (DRM Jhansi) SK Aggarwal and suspended five senior officials in the wake of Indore-Patna Express derailment.
SK Aggarwal has now been posted as DRM Ranchi. Among the officials suspended are -
- Senior Divisional Mechanical Engineer (Carriage and wagon) Navaid Talib
- Divisional Engineer MK Mishra
- Senior Section Engineer Ambika Prasad Ojha
- Section Engineer Iswar Das
- Senior Section Engineer Sushil Kumar Gupta
The initial investigation suggests that 14 coaches of the Patna bound Indore-Patna express were derailed at Pukhrayan, 100kms away from Kanpur, due to rail fracture.
The toll in the major trail accident reached to 146 while over 200 suffered injuries.