Development of Assam high on Agenda, says PM Narendra Modi
Rangapara ( Assam): Vowing to make Assam 'Free from the Congress' in the coming assembly polls ,Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday charted out three-point agenda for this North East state which he described as 'development, development at faster pace and all around development'.
Blaming Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi for breaking the trust of the people of the state , the PM said it was the high time Assam got a development-oriented Bharatiya Janata Party government in the state as people here deserved a far better deal than what they were getting during the Congress regime.
Modi, who struck a chord with the locals greeting them in Assamese language, said the BJP was going to form a majority government in the state where a new era of development will usher in.
For further reading Video: PM Modi extends best wishes to Indian cricket team
- PM Modi launched his assembly polls campaigning in Assam on Saturday.
- He addressed a rally in Rangapara district of Assam on Sunday
- On a statement given by Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, the PM said "I am here to fight with evils of illiteracy, poverty, corruption and underdevelopment and I have no time to waste on fight with Assam Chief Minister.''
- The Prime Minister said that Tarun Gogoi is in his 90s and India is the nation where elders bless their younger counterparts not fight with them.
- "Assam had been one of the top 5 states of the country and now it had turned into one of the worst governed states." stated PM.
- If found necessary, I will use the entire exchequer to fulfil basic needs of the people, PM says
- Narendra Modi blames Assam government for not utilising the funds given by the Centre for development. "Only one third of the entire funds have been utilised by the state," He pointed out.
- PM said that more than Rs 2000 crore had been allocated for the development of railways in the region.
- "It is unfortunate for the nation that people near Bramhaputra river are not being able to drink pure water," he remarked.
- "Education, Money and medicine are the basic needs of every family and we want your support to accomplish the mission of providing these necessities to every family in Assam". Modi urged the voters.
- "We want every child of India to study 'A' for Assam in their basic education". said the Prime Minister
- He ended his speech with the 'Bharat Mata ki Jai'.