Delhi will impose restrictions if Covid cases go up next week, warns Kejriwal
From Monday, all activities will be allowed except some activities that will be prohibited and some activities that will be done in a restricted manner
Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday announced some relaxations in lockdown imposed since mid-April to curb Covid infection in the national capital. He, however, warned that restrictions would come back if infection cases went up in the city.
Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal
In a press conference, the chief minister said that restaurants would be allowed to open with 50 per cent seating capacity. "We will observe this for one week, if cases increase, stricter restrictions to be imposed, otherwise, it will be continued," he said.
From Monday, all activities will be allowed except some activities that will be prohibited and some activities that will be done in a restricted manner, the chief minister said. A detailed order will be issued later.
Schools, colleges, educational and coaching institutions will remain closed.
Social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious festival gatherings prohibited. Swimming pools, stadiums, sports complexes, cinema theaters, multiplexes will also remain closed.
In government offices, there will be 100 per cent attendance of group A officers and 50 per cent for the rest, Kejriwal said. Private offices will run with 50 per cent capacity from 9 am to 5 pm.
"All market complexes, malls will now be completely open from 10 am to 8 pm," he announced. However, spas, gyms, yoga institutes, public parks and gardens will also remain shut.
Stay tuned with the newstrack to get fastest updates. Click @englishnewstrack to follow us on Facebook and @newstrackmedia to follow on Twitter.
- Alia Bhatt cries 'happy tears' as she reacts to Ranbir Kapoor cradling a baby: 'This video is a full vibe'
- PM Modi inaugurates Bharat Drone Mahotsav at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
- India Post Recruitment 2022: Bumper vacancies! Over 38000 GDS posts at indiapostgdsonline.gov.in- Check details here
- Delhi weather update: Temperature to rise, mercury likely to cross 40°C in next few days
- Covid-19 fourth wave scare: India logs 2,710 new cases, 14 deaths in last 24 hours
- Krishna Janambhumi Dispute: Mathura Court Directs Plaintiffs To Provide Plaint Copy To Shahi Idgah Committee, Next Hearing On July 1
- Imran Khan praises India again as Pakistan sees highest-ever rise in petrol price
- Bulandshahr's Chaiwala Couple: 67 types of cold-hot tea are available here
- In Hyderabad, PM takes potshots at KCR, says time to end dynasty politics
- Narendra Modi's Chennai Visit: PM holds roadshow after arriving in capital city