Enough of 'khushboo', now smell 'badboo' of Gujarat: Dalits to Big B
Surat: Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who has been a brand ambassador of Gujarat Tourism since many years, has now come under the eye of Dalits in the state. The community has planned to invite him to the place to smell the stink of garbage, rotten animals and dirty sewage in parts of the state.
What is the case?
- Dalit leader Jignesh Mevani has raised his voice against the alleged atrocities on Dalits in the state.
- Mevani keeps a sour relation with the state ruling Bharatiya Janata Party government.
- Dalits in the state have stopped the cleaning work, resulting into the piling of garbage and bad condition of sewage in parts of Gujarat.
What Mevani said?
- "Dalits of Gujarat will write a postcard" to Amitabh Bachchan inviting him to visit the state now.
- Mr. Bachchan should see the condition of the state after the Dalits here have stopped the cleaning work.
- He must see the ground condition now.
- On September 13, a meeting has been organized at the Kalol under the banner of Una Dalit Atyachar Sangharsh Samiti.
- Bachchan had smelled scent of Gujarat, now he should come and smell the stink.
It may be mentioned that Dalit organizations have staged a massive protest across Gujarat after the Una incident in which the self-proclaimed cow vigilantes were seen thrashing Dalits.