Critics complaining because they didn't get time to prepare: PM Modi
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi attacked the opposition parties over the demonetisation issue and said that critics were complaining because the government did not allow them enough time to prepare before the decision was announced.
"Those criticising demonetisation move do not have problems with government preparedness, they have problem that they did not get time to prepare", the PM said on Friday while speaking at a function on the occasion of a book launch to observe 'Constitution Day' in national capital.
The PM appreciated the nation for supporting him in his fight against black money. Emphasising on online transactions he said," The common man has become a soldier against corruption and black money." He further stated everyone has the right to spend their money. No One can take anyone's money. The money could be spend through mobile technology also."
PM releases two books :
The PM said that youth of the country needs to know how their constitutions works. " Everyone knows their is a parliament, government, parliament sessions are being held but nobody knows how their government functions or how should it function." The PM launched two books namely updated edition of Constitution of India and Making of the Constitutions to commemorate the Constitution Day on November 25.
The PM said that their is a need that we encourage our students to read the constitution and understand the working of the pillars of democracy.
What else Modi said:
- Regarding November 26: The day was decided to be observed as Constitution day to celebrate the constitution, have greater awareness among youth.
- It is important that our youth remains connected with the spirit of the Constitution. Only being aware of the Articles is not enough.
- On Demonetisation: Public utilities are seen huge surge inn cash deposits. Government will use extra tax collections in public spending.
- Constitution plays an important role in people's life. Everyone should be aware about their constitution.
- Our Constitution is closely related with the memories of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar.
- Responsibility and authority are interrelated to each other and the youth should be aware of who is responsible and answerable to them.
- I urge the students of the country to read, learn and understand the constitution as it is our heritage and children of the country would be carrying it forward.
Constitution day was first observed in year 2015 on November 25.