CBI Court says 'Babri Masjid demolition' was not pre-planned

The Babri masjid demolition case verdict has been announced. Today, after 28 years, is very important from the political point of view, where the special court of CBI announced its verdict in the disputed structure demolition case.

Yogita S.
Published on: 30 Sep 2020 7:19 AM GMT
CBI Court says Babri Masjid demolition was not pre-planned
X
CBI Court says 'Babri Masjid demolition' was not pre-planned; all accused acquitted
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo
  • Whatsapp
  • Telegram
  • Linkedin
  • Print
  • koo

New Delhi: The Babri masjid demolition case verdict has been announced. Today, after 28 years, is very important from the political point of view, where the special court of CBI announced its verdict in the disputed structure demolition case.

After the demolition of the Babri structure in Ayodhya on December 6, 1992, many prominent leaders Murali Manohar Joshi, Lal Krishna Advani, Kalyan Singh, Vinay Katiyar and Uma Bharti were involved in the case.

Babri Masjid Demolition Verdict: What court said?

The court verdict has come in the Babri Masjid demolition case. On December 6, 1992, a special CBI court gave its verdict on what happened in Ayodhya on Wednesday.

6 accused were present through video conferencing. The chargesheet in this case included 49 people including BJP's LK Advani, Murali Manohar Joshi, Uma Bharti, Kalyan Singh.

Out of which 17 people have died, the remaining 32 accused were asked to be present in the court but only 26 accused reached the court.

Judge SK Yadav said that there is no evidence against World Council leader Ashok Singhal. The verdict states that the evidence given in photos, videos, photocopies does not prove anything from them.

Judge SK Yadav read the judgement:

While reading his judgment, Judge SK Yadav said that the incident was not pre-planned, many attempts were made by the organization to stop it. The judge said in his opening comment that the incident happened suddenly.

Babri-Masjid-Demolition-Case1

ALSO READ: Hathras Rape Case: Akhilesh Yadav targets BJP Govt, says ‘This is sin’

32 accused of Masjid demolition:

The court has acquitted all the accused. The special court, while delivering the verdict, acquitted a total of 32 accused, including former Deputy Prime Minister LK Advani, former BJP President and former Union Minister Murli Manohar Joshi, former UP Chief Minister Kalyan Singh, former MP Chief Minister Uma Bharti, senior BJP leader Vinay Katiyar.

In the Babri demolition case, 49 FIRs were filed. One FIR was lodged in the Ram Janmabhoomi police station of Ayodhya by SO Priyavanda Nath Shukla while the other FIR was lodged by SI Ganga Prasad Tiwari. The remaining 47 FIRs were also filed by journalists and photographers. On October 5, 1993, a charge sheet was filed against a total of 49 accused in the case. Since then, it was continuously being heard.

ALSO READ: Babri Masjid demolition: All 32 accused have been acquitted

Of the 49 people charged in the Babri demolition case, which came on Wednesday after 28 years. 32 accused will be pronounced in the matter. While 17 people have died during the long trial in the case. In such a situation, everyone’s eyes are on this biggest decision in the country, in which decisions are to be taken on several MPs and saints including senior BJP leaders LK Advani, Murali Manohar Joshi, Uma Bharti, Kalyan Singh and Shiv Sena leaders.

ALSO READ: Hathras Gang Rape: Police forcefully took the body to cremation ground

Stay tuned with the newstrack to get fastest updates. Click @englishnewstrack to follow us on Facebook and @newstrackmedia to follow on Twitter.

Yogita S.

Yogita S.

Media Graduate, News Editor and PR Enthusiast.

Next Story