BSEB scam accused found dead under mysterious circumstances
Patna: Diwakar Prasad, an accused in Rs 8 crore Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) tender scam, was found dead under mysterious circumstances.
The kins of the deceased have alleged that he was murdered by the state police.
50-year-old, Prasad, was found dead in front of his house located at Panchwati Nagar under Kotwali police station in late night on Thursday last. His son Vicky accused the police of pushing Prasad from the rooftop that resulted to his death.
What police officials said?
- A state police team headed by sub inspector Devkant had gone to arrest Prasad at is home in a case related to irregularities in floating tender for supply of answer sheets of intermediate examination to BSEB.
- The police claimed that Prasad had jumped off the building after seeing the cops.
- The FIR was lodged by an Ahmedabad based firm under Kotwali police station in Patna.
Who was Diwakar?
- Diwakar was the owner of a printing press.
- The press was earlier raided by the special investigation team (SIT).
- The team is still investigating the Intermediate topper scam.
- SIT also seized a few bundles of the answer sheets from Diwakar’s printing press.
According to senior superintendent of police (SSP) Manu Maharaaj ,"The case was lodged under Bahadurpur police station against sub inspector and five other police officers on the statement of the victim’s relatives."
The CCTV footage from the buildings had been obtained and action would be initiated against the officers if the allegations were found to be true against them, Maharaaj further stated.
His death coincides with an order of economic offences wing on the seizure of assets of the prime accused in the scam.