BRICS 2016: PM Modi held meetings with Nepal, Bangladesh PM
Benaulim (Goa): In order to discuss important bilateral and regional issues, Prime Minister Narendra Modi held meetings with Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina and Nepal PM Prachanda following the BRICS Summit here on Sunday.
PM Modi and Minister of External Affairs Minister Vikas Swarup informed about the same on micro-blogging site Twitter.
Earlier in the day, PM Modi hold bilateral meetings with Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena and Bhutanese Prime Minister Tshering Tobgay.
What PM Modi had said regarding terrorism at the BRICS Summit?
• Terror modules around the world are linked to this mothership.
• This country shelters not just terrorists. It nurtures a mindset for political gains.
• BRICS need to stand and act together against such mindset.
• BRICS must speak in one voice against this threat.
What PM Modi had said on economic development?
• Our increasing inter-dependence means that our march towards economic prosperity cannot be separated from the emerging geo-political context.
• I firmly believe that the simultaneous development of Brazil, Russia, China, South Africa and India is the best bet for global growth and development.
BRICS 2016: PM hits out at Pak, calls it the ‘Mothership of Terrorism’
BRICS Summit: Important tweets from PMO India