BJP planning organisational revamp, BJP-RSS in huddle
New Delhi: After reshuffle in two-year old Modi government is over, the Bharatiya Janata Party is planning some big changes in the organisation starting from its frontal organizations.
Like in the government, some new faces are likely to be given important assignments in the party organisation, the BJP sources told 'newztrack.com. Some hectic discussions are on between top BJP leaders including its national president Amit Shah and office bearers of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) with all important advice of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- There is a strong likelihood of BJP Yuva Morcha National President Anurag Thakur will be replaced.
- Poonam Mahajan, daughter of late pramod Mahajan, leads the race, sources claim.
- She is the front-runner considering she was also offered the post earlier though she had refused that time.
- She is willing this time thus making a strong case of her.
- Anurag Thakur, 41-year old MP from Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh, is son of former HP CM Prem Chand Dhumal.
- Another contender of the post is Saharanpur’s young MP Raghav Lakhan Pal.
- He is son of popular Congress leader and former Uttar Pradesh Minister Nirbhay Pal Sharma, who was killed by some professional killers few years ago.
- BJP feels that Raghav’s youthful image may help party in 2017 Uttar Pradesh assembly elections.
- He was also considered for a central berth but now the BJP is looking to use him in the coming UP elections.
BJP Mahila Morcha-
- BJP also plans to change its Mahila Morcha chief Saroj Pandey.
- Again, the search for a young and clean leader is on for the post.
Poll-bound states to undergo changes-
- The emphasis of the BJP is to revamp those states organisations where the assembly polls are scheduled in next two years.
- Uttar Pradesh is among the most crucial state in this regard.
- Some ineffective office bearers may be shown door in this exercise.
- Sidharth Nath singh, the national secretary, may be elevated in view of UP polls.
- He is grandson of late Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri.
- Interestingly, he was originally the party candidate from Phoolpur parliamentary constituency of Allahabad district in 2014 Lok Sabha polls but was replaced by the current state BJP chief Keshav Prasad Maurya
According to sources, the various castes and sub-caste combinations, especially the backward castes, Dalits and tribal groups will be duly accommodated in organisational revamping.
BJP MP Adityanath demands action against Islamic preacher
PIL filed against BJP in Mumbai on using lotus as party symbol