Bihar Toppers Scam: STF arrests fake class 12 topper Ruby Rai
PATNA: Ruby Rai, who was accused of Topper’s Scam in Bihar, has been arrested by the Special Task Force on Saturday. 17-year-old student was exposed in the media trial when she pronounced political science as ‘prodigal science’.
Ruby topped the Bihar Board Class 12 exams in Arts stream this year but was accused of cheating later.
How Ruby got arrested?
- Ruby appeared before the expert committee constituted by the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB)
- She had evaded summons by the expert panel twice
- Patna court issued non-bailable warrant against all four toppers
- Ruby failed to answer even a single question on Saturday
- STF arrested her from Board office
What police said?
- Patna SSP Mannu Maharaj said that officials took bribe to declare toppers through dubious means
- Vishun Roy college Principal Bachha Rai's daughter Shalini Rai is also an accused in the topper scam
- Shalini also topped in her class 10th Police is probing the matter
- Board’s former Chairman Lalkeshwar Singh and wife Usha gulped crores
- Lalkeshwar Prasad revealed that Rs. 15 lakh was charged for declaring toppers
- Prasad, wife Usha, former Janata Dal-United legislator Vishun Roy, college secretary-cum principal Bachha Rai and nearly a dozen others have been arrested in the cheating racket