‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’ way towards women empowerment: Big B
New Delhi: While speaking at ‘Ek Nayi Subah’ – an event to mark PM Modi’s two years in office, Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan on Saturday said ‘Beti Bachao, Bati Padhao’ campaign was a way towards women empowerment. The event was held at India Gate of the national capital.
“It is the due time when we should realise that half of the country’s population cannot be left behind by neglecting them. They should be equal partners in the country’s development,” said Big B while stressing on the importance of protecting and nurturing the girl child.
What else Big B said:
- Quoting a Sanskrit mantra, the Shehenshah of Bollywood said the women had been given the foremost place even in our religious beliefs.
- Saraswati is the Goddess of knowledge, Laxmi of wealth, while Durga and Kali represent strength.
- The position of man and a woman should be equal in a society.
- The ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padho’ is primarily aimed at terminating the sense of discrimination.
- Both, son and a daughter, should be given equal opportunities.