Bank Holiday today, tomorrow: Banks will remain shut in these cities; check details here
Bank holidays are not observed in all the states and they vary as per the specific state
On account of Id-Ul-Fitr, banks will remain closed in most parts of the country today (13 May) and 14 May as per the Reserve Bank of India (RBI( holiday calendar. Bank holidays are declared under Negotiable Instruments Act. Bank holidays are not observed in all the states and they vary as per the specific state.
Bank Holidays in May 2021:
Banks in India will remain shut for up to 12 days in May 2021, including weekends and festivals. Only the gazetted holidays are observed by banks all over the country. According to the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), banks in most of the states will remain closed on May 14, 2021, on account of Eid-UI-Fitra. In May, banks including the public sector, private sector, foreign banks, cooperative banks and regional banks, will observe holidays on May 1, May 7, May 13, May 14 and May 26 on account of Labour Day, Jumat-ul-Vida, Id-Ul-Fitr, Akshaya Tritiya and Buddha Pournima, respectively.
Bank Holiday today, tomorrow
13 May: RaBank(Id-Ul-Fitr) (Shawal-1)
Banks will remain closed in Belapur, Jammu, Kochi, Mumbai, Nagpur, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram
!4 May: Bhagvan Shree Parshuram Jayanti/Ramjan-Eid (Eid-UI-Fitra)/Basava Jayanti/Akshaya Tritiya
Banks will remain closed in Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Gangtok, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jaipur, Jammu, Kanpur, Kolkata, Licknow, New Delhi, Panaji, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Shimla
Apart from these the other bank holidays in May are
16 May: Sunday
22 May: Fourth Saturday
23 May : Sunday
26 May: Buddha Pournima
30 May: Sunday
Trading at Indian indices (both BSE and NSE) will remain closed today on account of Ramadan. According to the official website of BSE, trading in equity, equity derivative and SLB Segment will remain closed today. Trading at commodities and currency derivative segment will also remain closed today for Id-Ul-Fitra celebrations, states the website.
Stay tuned with the newstrack to get fastest updates. Click @englishnewstrack to follow us on Facebook and @newstrackmedia to follow on Twitter.
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?
- Yogi Adityanath govt announces Rs 25,000 reward for info on Shrikant Tyagi
- PV Sindhu saunters to maiden individual Commonwealth Games gold, completes hat-trick of CWG medals
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water