ATS seizes 100 sacks full of explosive in Jhansi; four arrested
Jhansi: The Anti Terrorism Squad (ATS) on Thursday conducted raids at various places at Madain village in Jhansi and arrested four people along with explosive materials in bulk.
ATS had a tip off about the explosives stored in houses that come under the Moth Police Station area.
Four men arrested have been identified as Nirbhay Mishra, Vikrant Kumar Singh alias Pappu, Om Narayan Rai, and Pankaj Kumar.
ATS had prior information about the explosives stored:
- ATS had the information about stored explosives in the area
- Nearly 100 sacks of explosive material have been seized from the area
- ATS has also recovered 30 thousand detonators, 20 thousand gelatin and six quintals of ammonium nitrate.
- Local police officials and other senior officials from the nearby districts reached the spot immediately getting the information about the raid conducted by ATS
Probe launched by Police along with ATS
- Explosives have been recovered from a house registered on the name of Charan Thakur
- Meanwhile, police has refused to divulge further in the case
It may be mentioned that the arrest came two days after UP ATS had arrested an ISI agent from the state capital city Lucknow.