ASSOCHAM complains against the cheapest smartphone Freedom-251
Lucknow: More problems are ringing up for Ringing Bell Company,claiming to provide the world's cheapest smartphone Freedom-251 at just Rs 251, as Associated Chambers of Commerce of India (ASSOCHAM) has lodged a complaint against it. The office bearers of ASSOCHAM have registered a complaint in this regard at the Hazaratganj police station of Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh on Friday evening.
- ASSOCHAM's vice-president Sandeep Saxena has filed the complaint.
- The mobile phone cannot be manufactured in Rs 251, Sandeep said.
- The cost of smartphone is at least Rs 3000, he said.
- Freedom-251 is a venture of Data Wind Company, which is blacklisted.
- Data Wind failed to supply Akash tablet pc.
- ASSOCHAM has requested Superintendent of Police (SP) east to probe into the matter.
- Taking cognizance of the application, a probe has been ordered, said SP east.
- Action will be taken after initial reports come.
Income-Tax department raids:
- The income tax department raided the office of Ringing Bells company.
- The department is trying to know about the source of income invested in the company.
- Ringing Bells claimed to provide a smartphone at just Rs 251.
- The site of company crashed on its opening day, Thursday.