Air India pilot asks for his fav woman co-pilot, delays flight
Tiruvananthpuram: An Air India flight to Male from Chennai via Thiruvananthpuram was delayed by two and a half hours on Thursday after its commander insisted for a 'particular woman co-pilot' to operate the flight.
According to the sources, the flight AI 263/264, which had 110 passengers on board, was delayed after its commander insisted roster section to schedule a particular woman flight officer with him.
The commander is serving a six-month notice period after resigning from the job last week.
- The incident happened at Air India's flight, 'AI 263/264' from Chennai to Male when the commander asked the roster section for a particular woman co pilot to operate the flight with him on Wednesday.
- "Roster section however told him that his demand can't be met as the woman pilot was already scheduled for a Delhi flight", a source confirmed.
- The commander again called up the roster section and threatened to report sick, if the woman pilot was not assigned the duty with him.
- "When the roster section did not pay heed, he reported high blood pressure yesterday and was also treated for the same. But this morning when he turned up to operate the flight he again insisted for the same co-pilot, forcing the airline to arrange his favourite co-pilot", said the source.
- In this process the flight which was scheduled to take off at 7 am, departed at 9:13 am.
- Airlines spokesperson was unavailable for comments.