Six injured in 'The Natural History Museum' fire
New Delhi: A major fire broke out in The National Museum of Natural History here in the wee hours on Tuesday leading to injury to six fire workers .Besides others, the museum has stored a Sauropod (160-year-old fossil bone of a lizard -footed dinosaur ). It also had a stuffed animals made by renowned Mysore-based taxidermists Van Ingen & Van Ingen.
- All the injured fire workers were rushed to the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital.
- Environment minister, Prakash Javadekar inspected the location.
- "The Natural History Museum is a national treasure. This is a tragic.....the loss cannot be counted in rupees", he said.
- The museum existed since June 5, 1978.
- The cause of fire is yet not known.
- According to police the fire began at the top of the building on Tansen Road in Lutyen's Delhi and spread rapidly.