Development will be BJP’s main agenda in 2017 UP elections: PM Modi
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said that development would be major election agenda of Bharatiya Janata Party in the coming assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh.
He said betterment of the people’s life and conditions was the top priority of the party.
While talking to leading English news channel CNN-News 18, he said:
- There will be elections in five states in coming days and Uttar Pradesh is one of them.
- As far as the Bharatiya Janata Party is concerned, we will fight on development issues only.
- Our focus will be welfare of farmers, villages, jobs for the youth and we will stay committed to the cause of social justice.
- Our focus will be to maintain peace, unity and brotherhood in our country.
- We will take steps in these regard and move forward.
PM Modi, however, is on a Vietnam visit where he will look for strengthening people-to-people ties, between the two nations.
Also read: PM Modi to visit Vietnam, greets the nation on their National Day