Valentine’s day for world, Tourism day for Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Globally, February 14 may be celebrated as 'valentine's day' but Uttar Pardesh government has decided to observe the day as 'Tourism Day'.
A decision to this effect was taken by chief minister Akhilesh Yadav himself, informed Navneet Sehgal, the state principal secretary of Tourism. He said that in a departure from the tradition of observing September 27 as the 'World Tourism Day', UP government would observe February 14 ,Up Tourism Day'.
- It will be the first 'UP Tourism Day' on February 14.
- A hot air balloon will be flown in Jansewar Mishra park in Lucknow on this day.
- In the evening a cultural programme will be organized to be directed by noted filmmaker Muzaffar Ali.
- Every year, the venue will be changed.
- As many as 29 lakh foreign tourists visited Uttar Pradesh in 2014.
- UP government has recently declared its tourism policy.