Pankhuri Pathak and team accused of maligning image of Dalit woman
"It is sad that people use such cheap tactics to gain attention and sympathy. It is well known that the girl has political ambitions and sees this as an easy way to gain attention," she added.
- The NGO worker said that during the Samajwadi Party's rule in the state, she had tweeted the then Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to get financial help from the government for the treatment of her father.
- The CM had also helped the lady.
- After this the Dalit woman had also worked for the party and many members of SP.
- She said that Pankhuri Pathak initially seemed impressed with her and then joined her in the WhatsApp group but after sometime the SP leader started persuading group members to abuse the lady and pass racist comments on her.
- Some of the group members even used her phone number to create a fake social media account and started posting derogatory stuff in her name.
- The NGO worker also complaint the matter to district president Ram Sahay Yadav but he asked her to compromise with the SP team.
- The matter has been reported to the Shahganj police station against an accused Asif and the team of Pankhuri Pathak, under IT and SST acts, and an initial probe has been launched.
After coming across the news published on newstrack.com, the SP leader has deleted the WhatsApp group. Check picture here:
On the other hand, the complainer has claimed that she herself would file a defamation suit against Pankhuri as she is the admin of the same group where she was humiliated with abusive language.
Copy of the FIR in next slides: