TRENDING TAGS :
Exclusive: 17 IPS officers to be promoted to DIG rank in UP
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has decided to promote 17 IPS officers to the Deputy Inspector General (DIG) rank vide a DoPT order which will also meet the shortage of DIGs in the state to an extent.
Among the beneficiaries are IPS Subhash Singh Baghel, Mragendra Singh and Dinesh Chandra Dube.
After the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) order on November 3, 2017, the state administration has started allocating 2004-batch to the 2005-batch IPS officers, to achieve the same motive.
After receiving the order from the DoPT, the state administration has started allotting 2004-batch to the 2005-batch officers who had been earlier promoted as IPS officers from PPS rank. The development will increase the number of 2004-batch IPS officers from 4 to 17.
Introducing amendments in the 'seniority rules' (suggested by the UP government), the DoPT has ordered to give three extra promotions to the officials who have completed 12 years in service. This rule will benefit 2005 and 2006-batch promoted IPS officers.
The 2004-batch IPS officers who will be promoted to DIG rank in January 2018 are:
- SSP Noida Lav Kumar
- SSP Moradabad Dr. Preetinder Singh
- SP Badaun Chandra Prakash
- SP CBCID Dr. K. Agilaresen
The promoted IPS officers who will get the benefit of the new ruling are:
- Commandant 33rd Battalion PAC Rambodh
- Commandant 4th Battalion PAC Kavendra Pratap Singh
- SP DG Headquarter Sunil Kumar Saxena
- SSP Faizabad Subhash Singh Baghel
- SP Deoria Rakesh Shankar
- SSP ATS Umesh Kumar Shrivastav
- Commandant 27th Battalion PAC Satyendra Kumar Singh
- SP Kanpur Dehat Ratan Kant Pandey
- SP Intelligence Headquarters Vikramaditya Sachan
- SP Jhansi Jitendra Kumar Shukla
- SP Fatehgarh Mragendra Singh
- SP PTS Piyush Srivastava
- SP PAC Headquarters Dinesh Chandra Dubey
It is worth mentioning that the Uttar Pradesh cadre has been facing shortage of DIG rank officers. Following the same reason, the government has been posting IG ranked officers at the range of Zonal headquarters and ADG at the zone in place of IG.
The shortage of DIGs is so serious that the government had to post IG ranked officials even in the extra range of Zonal headquarters' range.
Mirzapur Range has been sent to Prem Prakash while Faizabad Range has been allotted to Vijay Prakash, while both the ranges are for a DIG ranked personnel.