Salman Khan's bodyguard 'Shera' booked for assault
Mumbai: Bollywood superstar Salman Khan's most loyal bodyguard, Gurmeet Singh aka Shera has been booked by the DN Nagar police in an assault case on Wednesday.
25-year-old Akhtar Qureshi accused Shera and two of his acquaintances of hitting him with the butt of pistol and iron rod, leaving his collar bone critically injured.
Victim, in his complaint, said that he along with his two friends was travelling in his Audi car at around 2.30am when they saw Shera near his car.
One of Qureshi's friends, Ajay, wanted to talk to Shera on phone.
Police said, "Qureshi handed over the phone to Shera who had an argument with Ajay. After the phone call ended, Shera allegedly hit Qureshi with the butt of his pistol. Shera's aides then allegedly attacked Qureshi with an iron rod. He has received an injury to his collar bone and has been hospitalised."
Meanwhile, no arrests have been made in the case and police is trying to verify the CCTV footage of the area to authenticate the claims of Qureshi.
- We have achieved all our 100-day targets, says UP CM
- IND vs ENG, 5th Test: Ravi Shastri slams India's batting in second innings says, 'Could have batted England out'
- The Story Behind the Apple Logo
- Tina Dabi appointed new Jaisalmer collector
- Active Covid cases in country climb to 1.14 lakh
- IMD issues orange alert for Mumbai till July 9
- Caught on camera: Vastu 'guru' stabbed to death
- SpiceJet Delhi-Dubai flight develops snag, lands in Karachi
- 'Crossed Lakshman Rekha': Ex-judges, bureaucrats condemn SC's remarks against Nupur
- Splendid places to visit in Himachal Pradesh for a refreshing vacation