Rakhi Sawant : yet another attention seeker from entertainment
Mumbai: In an attempt to get mileage out of Television star Pratyusha Banerjee’s tragic death, the drama queen Rakhi Sawant on Tuesday called a press conference in Mumbai with a ‘ceiling fan’ in her hand and making an exceptional request to the Prime Minister saying that ‘ceiling fans’ should be banned across the country for security reasons.
The item girl also demanded the government to award an ex-gratia of Rs 5 crore to the deceased actor’s family.
"Banning ceiling fans is more important than chanting 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' because it has become a tool for committing suicide for girls,” said Sawant at the press conference.
She urged people to use table fans or air conditioners, avoiding usage of ceiling fans, and said, “who ever love their daughters, I appeal them to remove fans from their houses."
The endeavour of Rakhi was successful too when she began trending on the micro blogging website Twitter soon after news about the press conference spread.
- Australia PM Scott Morrison loses national elections, labor party to take power
- Centre cuts excise duty on petrol by ₹8 per litre, diesel by ₹6: Sitharaman
- MI vs DC IPL 2022 Predicted XI: Arjun Tendulkar to make debut in Mumbai Indians' final match?
- Ramban tunnel collapse: Five bodies found so far, five labourers still missing
- Russia says destroyed Western weapons shipped to Ukraine
- Indian Army Recruitment 2022: Various vacancies released at joinindianarmy.nic.in, check details
- No global grain shortage, says India, defends curbs on wheat export
- No heatwave likely next week in Delhi, parts of north India: Top 10 updates
- Laal Singh Chaddha: Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan starrer trailer to be unveiled on IPL 2022 Finale
- Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2: Kartik Aaryan, Kiara Advani's film releases, see review, BO prediction & more