URI Protest: Comedian Raju Srivastava cancels show in Karachi
Mumbai: India's ace comedian Raju Srivastava on Saturday cancelled his show in Karachi in Pakistan as token of protest against the URI attack in which 18 Indian soldiers were martyred.
Taking to the micro-blogging website Twitter, Raju said that he doesn't want to perform with a heavy heart.
He said, "We cannot go to the border with guns. I've cancelled my show in Karachi, this is just a way to protest. Comedy comes from within. I won't be able to perform with a heavy heart."
India is witnessing nationwide protest against the fatal Uri attack on September 18 after which the tensions have been simmering between both the nations.
You may also read: Pakistan Censor Board bans Bollywood film Happy Bhag Jayegi
- Australia PM Scott Morrison loses national elections, labor party to take power
- Centre cuts excise duty on petrol by ₹8 per litre, diesel by ₹6: Sitharaman
- MI vs DC IPL 2022 Predicted XI: Arjun Tendulkar to make debut in Mumbai Indians' final match?
- Ramban tunnel collapse: Five bodies found so far, five labourers still missing
- Russia says destroyed Western weapons shipped to Ukraine
- Indian Army Recruitment 2022: Various vacancies released at joinindianarmy.nic.in, check details
- No global grain shortage, says India, defends curbs on wheat export
- No heatwave likely next week in Delhi, parts of north India: Top 10 updates
- Laal Singh Chaddha: Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan starrer trailer to be unveiled on IPL 2022 Finale
- Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2: Kartik Aaryan, Kiara Advani's film releases, see review, BO prediction & more