Rajamouli has become India's biggest superstar: Karan Johar
Mumbai: Filmmaker Karan Johar can't stop praising S.S. Rajamouli -- who he feels has emerged as the "biggest superstar" in Indian cinema -- and the phenomenon that "Baahubali 2: The Conclusion" has turned out to be.
Karan had presented the Hindi version of the film.
Talking about the massive success of the movie which has minted over Rs 1500 crore at the global box office, he said: "I feel short of words when I speak about 'Baahubali'. It has become a milestone film. S.S. Rajamouli has become the country's biggest superstar.
"I think the filmmaker's victory is beyond everybody else. I am honoured that me and my production house got associated with 'Baahubali' and I am proud and privileged to be a part of its journey."
He spoke on the sidelines of the success party of his friend Ekta Kapoor's production "Half Girlfriend" here on Friday night.
Karan also spoke about his birthday celebrations where the who's who of Bollywood came in.
"It was a private celebration. We had a great time. I am very overwhelmed with all the love which comes my way and I am very grateful for that," said the writer-filmmaker-chat show host, who turned 45 on Thursday.
Karan also praised the team of "Half Girlfriend", which he is yet to watch.
- Power must be held by patriots, not traitors, says Xi Jinping in Hong Kong
- Shruti Haasan spills the beans on her marriage plans; Find out
- It's time to serve up some big incentives to curb obesity
- Covid live: Active cases reach 1,07,189
- Gross GST collection in June stands at Rs 1.44 lakh cr: FM
- Live 5th Test: England opt to bowl vs India
- Mukesh Ambani wants to succeed where Dhirubhai did not
- Prophet row: SC says Nupur's 'loose tongue' set country on fire
- Had BJP accepted a Sena CM in 2019, there would have been no MVA, Uddhav says
- Covid-19 fourth wave alert! India logs over 17,000 new cases, 23 deaths