Priyanka Chopra is 'heartbroken', check why
New Delhi: Actress Priyanka Chopra says she is left "heartbroken" to miss out on the "special moment" of getting honoured with a doctorate degree by Bareilly International University because of flight delay due to smog.
"I am heartbroken that I will not be able to attend the convocation ceremony and receive my honorary doctorate in person at the Bareilly International University today (Sunday). We have been at the airport since this morning waiting for clearance from the ATC," Priyanka said in a statement.
The former Miss World, currently in Delhi, was supposed to visit Bareilly on Sunday to attend the ceremony.
"My team had also explored all other possible options to get there, but the fog has put to rest all plans for today. I was really looking forward to going back to Bareilly… Not just to receive the honorary doctorate but also to see old friends and family and just reconnect with a city that has been such an important part of my life.
"I want to thank the university for being so understanding and amazing and I wish every graduate all the very best as they set forth on a new journey. I will see you all again very soon," she added.
Also read: Check why Sonam Kapoor finds herself lucky
University chancellor Keshav Kumar Agrawal was supposed to honour the "Quantico" star with the degree in the presence of Union Environment Minister Harsh Vardhan and Uttar Pradesh Finance Minister Rajesh Agarwal.
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water
- Maha cabinet expansion before Aug 15; Fadnavis to get Home
- PM Modi chairs NITI Aayog's governing council meeting
- Boxers Amit Panghal and Nitu Ghanghas win gold
- After Sri Lanka, massive protests erupt in Bangladesh over fuel price hike