PC, Rajnikanth, Sania and Udit Narayan recieve Padma awards
New Delhi: Noted Bollywood actor Priyanka Chopra, Mega Star Rajnikanth, Singer Udit Narayan and Tennis star Sania Mirza have been honoured with ‘Padma’ awards by President Pranav Mukherjee at Rashtrapati Bhavan on Tuesday.
Thalaiva Rajnikanth has been honoured with Padma Vibhshan, India’s second highest civilian award for his outstanding contribution to Indian cinema. He had been honoured with Padma Bhushan, third highest civilian award in 2000.
Singer Udit Narayan was honoured with Padma Bhushan for his contribution to music industry.
Tennis Star Sania Mirza was honoured with Padma Bhushan for her contribution to tennis world.
Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra has been awarded ‘Padma Shri’ India’s fourth highest civilian honour for taking Indian cinema to another level. She has earned international fame with her American television show ‘Quantico’ series and is working on her upcoming Hollywood project ‘Baywatch’.
- Australia PM Scott Morrison loses national elections, labor party to take power
- Centre cuts excise duty on petrol by ₹8 per litre, diesel by ₹6: Sitharaman
- MI vs DC IPL 2022 Predicted XI: Arjun Tendulkar to make debut in Mumbai Indians' final match?
- Ramban tunnel collapse: Five bodies found so far, five labourers still missing
- Russia says destroyed Western weapons shipped to Ukraine
- Indian Army Recruitment 2022: Various vacancies released at joinindianarmy.nic.in, check details
- No global grain shortage, says India, defends curbs on wheat export
- No heatwave likely next week in Delhi, parts of north India: Top 10 updates
- Laal Singh Chaddha: Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan starrer trailer to be unveiled on IPL 2022 Finale
- Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2: Kartik Aaryan, Kiara Advani's film releases, see review, BO prediction & more