Pahlaj Nihalani finds IIFA act defamatory; sends legal notice
Mumbai: Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) Chairperson, Pahlaj Nihalani has filed a defamation suit against IIFA for maligning his image during an act performed by actors Manish Paul and Riteish Deshmukh.
In a 5-page legal notice sent to the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) and its organizers Wizcraft International, the CBFC chief accused IIFA of defaming him during the recently held award function in New York and also during the IIFA 2016.
Nihalani was referred to as a 'watchdog' during a skit performmed by Riteish and Manish Paul.
Nihalani was quoted as saying, “These people forget they insult not me but the position held by me as the chairperson of the CBFC. It’s time to let them know the joke is not on me.”
CBFC Chief has demanded an unconditional apology from IIFA and also a pledge to not defame him with similar acts in the future.
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?
- Yogi Adityanath govt announces Rs 25,000 reward for info on Shrikant Tyagi
- PV Sindhu saunters to maiden individual Commonwealth Games gold, completes hat-trick of CWG medals
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water