'No ban on Gunjan Saxena's streaming', Delhi Court refuses Centre's plea
The High Court said that this film is not doing any harm to the image of the Indian Air Force, because it showed that gender discrimination is done in force.
Delhi High Court has refused to ban the broadcast of Netflix's 'Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl'. The High Court said that this film is not doing any harm to the image of the Indian Air Force, because it showed that gender discrimination is done in force. Explain that the Center had said in its petition that this film is presenting the wrong image of the Indian Air Force. However, the court has refused to believe so.
Delhi Court rejects petition related to film Ban:
Justice Rajiv Shakdhar questioned the Center as to why he did not approach the court before the film's release on the Over the Top (OTT) platform. He said that no order can be passed now, as the movie has been released.
Along with this, the court has sought answers from Dharma Productions, Netflix and former flight lieutenant Gunjan Saxena on the Centre's petition prohibiting the broadcast of the film. The NGO Justice for Rights Foundation has filed this petition in the court.
There is no discrimination portrayed in film:
This petition said that the court should order the filmmakers to remove the objectionable dialogues and scenes used in the film, as it may tarnish the image of the Indian Air Force. Apart from this, the petition also said that some male tenants in the film are shown to have a poor attitude against women, which is beyond the truth. Because there is no gender discrimination in the Indian Air Force.
The Indian Air Force has also spoken of misrepresenting the Army's image in the film 'Gunjan Saxena: The Kargil Girl'. The Air Force has written a letter to the censor board demanding action on it.
- Box Office: Yash starrer KGF 2 breaks existing records of Kannada films in Canada
- Meet the Top Teachers of the World: Super 30's Anand Kumar and Mathematics Guru RK Srivastava
- PM participates in round table with Japanese business leaders
- Delhi triple suicide case: Multiple notes talk of health and monetary issues
- Banda heads towards the fourth wave of coronavirus; WATCH
- Uttar Pradesh budget for 2022-23 will be introduced on May 26: Yogi
- Gyanvapi mosque case: Varanasi court completes hearing, reserves decision
- International Day for Biological Diversity: Explore the peace and witness marvellous natural beauty spots in India
- India records 2,022 new Covid cases, 46 deaths in last 24 hours
- No order has been issued to surrender the ration card in the state: UP Food Commissioner