Pakistani debutante yet to watch her on screen in Pakistan
Mumbai: Ironically, Momal Sheikh, a Pakistani actress who has made her Bollywood debut in the movie ‘Happy Bhag Jayegi’, is not able to see the movie in Pakistan as it is banned in the country.
Dying to get feedback from her countrymen, a disappointed Momal Sheikh said, “decision is still pending, so I’m just waiting for their response. It was a big day for me with a lot of mixed feelings. I’m excited yet nervous as it is my (Bollywood) debut film. I usually don’t complain nor do I harbour any negative feelings but this incident has really upset me.”
Momal also said that she don’t find any objectionable element as such in the film.
Sources close to the censor board said, “Nothing can be said about the release of the movie. There are some restrictions in everything and we have to follow those.”
Happy Bhag Jayegi had opened to mixed reviews on Friday.
Directed by Mudassar Aziz, the film features Diana Penty, Abhay Deol, Jimmy Shergill and a Pakistani Actor Momal Sheikh. Momal plays the role of Abhay Deol’s Fiancee in the film.
The socially sarcastic Bollywood film has been banned by the Pakistan Censor Board despite makers agreed for necessary cuts in the film.
According to the reports, the censor board had issues with the scene that showed a portrait of Pakistani leader Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
You may also read: Pakistan Censor Board bans Bollywood film Happy Bhag Jayegi
- International Day for Biological Diversity: Explore the peace and witness marvellous natural beauty spots in India
- India records 2,022 new Covid cases, 46 deaths in last 24 hours
- No order has been issued to surrender the ration card in the state: UP Food Commissioner
- Ground Breaking Ceremony 3: Nearly 62 Top Industry Captains confirm their arrival; PM Modi to perform Bhumi-pujan
- Jug Jugg Jeeyo Trailer: Varun Dhawan & Kiara Advani bring emotions & entertainment with Neetu, Anil Kapoor
- Y-FACTOR | Lord Shiva returns to Gyanvapi, After Lord Rama its Lord Shiva's turn | Yogesh Mishra
- Tokyo summit to review progress of Quad initiatives: PM Modi
- Bilateral with Biden, Quad summit: PM Modi elaborates Japan visit agenda
- 8 dead, 3 others injured in tragic accident in Uttar Pradesh; PM Modi, CM Yogi Adityanath mourn deaths
- North Korea's daily suspected COVID cases drop below 200,000, shows 'positive trend'