Miss World 2016: Stephania De Velle of Puerto Rico wins the crown
Washington DC: Stephanie Del Valle from Puerto Rico was crowned Miss World 2016 at MGM National Harbour here on Sunday.
The first and second runner-up was Yaritza Miguelina Reyes Ramirez of the Dominican Republic and Natasha Mannuela from Indonesia, respectively.
The 19-year-old Del Velle is a brunette student who speaks Spanish, English and French.
Stephanie was crowned by Miss World 2015 Mireia Lalaguna Royo.
She is the second Puerto Rican to win the title after Wilnelia Merced in 1975.
Indian Contestant Priyadarshini only made it to Top 20 at the Pageant. She was the first contestant from the Northeastern region at the Miss World Pageant.
Here are names of the Indians who won the Miss World Crown:
- Priyanka Chopra (2000)
- Retia Faria (1966)
- Aishwarya Rai (1994)
- Diana Hayden (1997)
- Yukta Mookhey (1999)
In slides : Pictures of Miss World Stephania De Velle
- SP chief Akhilesh Yadav dissolves all party posts except one
- Openers in focus as India look to seal series against Sri Lanka in 2nd ODI
- Delhi ITI admission 2022: All you need to know about registration process, counselling schedule
- British Empire: World's oldest Prince still waiting to become Emperor| Y-Factor Ep- 316
- Janhvi Kapoor is 'lost in Amsterdam', twins with Nysa Devgan in latest pics from the trip
- SP dissolves all national, state executive bodies after bypoll loss
- PM, Amit Shah's decision to make me CM opened eyes of many, says Shinde
- Covid live: India reports 16,103 new cases and 31 deaths
- Shah moves political resolution at BJP's National Exec meet
- Head count for Maharashtra assembly speaker elections begins