Lucknow bench of Allahabad HC to hear petition on Shorgul
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of Allahabad high court will hear Monday a petition seeking a ban on Bollywood movie 'Shorgul'.
The petition has been filed by Milan Som, a social worker from Meerut, on Thursday. The petitioner alleged that the movie is objectionable and it may disturb the communal harmony.
The petitioner has stated that an MLA is shown with wine and woman in the movie which is derogatory.
Congress leader Kapil Sibal has written lyrics for the movie.
About the movie:
- Shorgul is filmed on the life of Bhartiya Janata Party's MLA, Sangeet Som.
- The movie reflects the after effect of Muzaffarnagar riots.
- Actor Jimmi Shergil has been cast for the role of MLA in the movie.
- Australia PM Scott Morrison loses national elections, labor party to take power
- Centre cuts excise duty on petrol by ₹8 per litre, diesel by ₹6: Sitharaman
- MI vs DC IPL 2022 Predicted XI: Arjun Tendulkar to make debut in Mumbai Indians' final match?
- Ramban tunnel collapse: Five bodies found so far, five labourers still missing
- Russia says destroyed Western weapons shipped to Ukraine
- Indian Army Recruitment 2022: Various vacancies released at joinindianarmy.nic.in, check details
- No global grain shortage, says India, defends curbs on wheat export
- No heatwave likely next week in Delhi, parts of north India: Top 10 updates
- Laal Singh Chaddha: Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan starrer trailer to be unveiled on IPL 2022 Finale
- Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2: Kartik Aaryan, Kiara Advani's film releases, see review, BO prediction & more