'Kulfi Kumar Bajewala' launched in Lucknow with Holi celebrations
Lucknow: Traditional Indian set-up, desi delicacies and actors smearing colours on one another -- that's how forthcoming musical drama "Kulfi Kumar Bajewala" was launched here on Wednesday.
Instead of going the regular way of introducing the character of the show and the storyline, the makers gave a colourful twist to the launch event and turned it into a Holi celebration.
Child artiste Aakriti Sharma and actress Shruti Sharma welcomed the media persons with colours. And then set the tone of the press event with a poem -- narrating the essence of the show.
"Kulfi Kumar Bajewala", which will beam on Star Plus from March 19, opens a story of a seven-year-old Kulfi (essayed Aakriti) and her talent on making a song on very situation.
Set in a village in Matsua near Pathankot, it is about how Kulfi gets happiness and positivity in any situation with her songs.
The show will also include some fresh tracks -- some of which are composed by Sargam Jassu.
Not much is known about the characters or the storyline, and the makers intends to keep it that way.
"On the third day of the shoot, I said that it is the most challenging role that I am doing. The character is simple, very relatable but there are number of layers...It was physically and emotionally draining," said Shruti, who will be seen essaying role of Kulfi's mother Nimrat.
She added that the viewers will get to know the complexities of the story and characters eventually.
Aakriti,7, is breathing life into Kulfi's story. And she says she loves to act.
"I have done a short film. I love acting. It is so much fun," said Aakriti, adding that her favourite actresses are Hema Malini and Madhuri Dixit.
She then goes on to show her talent and sing "Isharon isharon mein dil lene wale" and "Main kaun hoon".
Aakriti's mother Dimpal said she kept on travelling back to Ghaziabad to attend her school.
"We are shifting to Mumbai and will get her into a Mumbai school in April," Dimpal said.
Dimpal added: "She is a quick learner. She gets the concept very quickly. Right now, she studies when she is on a break during shooting."
Produced by Gul Khan and Nilanjana Purkayasstha from 4 Lion films, the show also stars Mohit Malik, Anjali Anand, Pallavi Rao, and Mehul Buch.
- SP chief Akhilesh Yadav dissolves all party posts except one
- Openers in focus as India look to seal series against Sri Lanka in 2nd ODI
- Delhi ITI admission 2022: All you need to know about registration process, counselling schedule
- British Empire: World's oldest Prince still waiting to become Emperor| Y-Factor Ep- 316
- Janhvi Kapoor is 'lost in Amsterdam', twins with Nysa Devgan in latest pics from the trip
- SP dissolves all national, state executive bodies after bypoll loss
- PM, Amit Shah's decision to make me CM opened eyes of many, says Shinde
- Covid live: India reports 16,103 new cases and 31 deaths
- Shah moves political resolution at BJP's National Exec meet
- Head count for Maharashtra assembly speaker elections begins