Karan Johar defends Pakistani artists in India
Mumbai: Bollywood director Karan Johar on Sunday came out in support of Pakistani artists performing in India and said banning them is not a solution to the bigger problem of terrorism. His statement came in the wake of call off some right wing organizations to ban KJo’s upcoming film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil because Pakistani actor Fawad Khan is playing a vital role in it.
Fawad Khan is playing a vital role in KJo’s upcoming flick Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.
Johar, however, empathized the loss 18 martyred Army jawans saying, “my heart bleeds for the lost lives.”
While talking to a leading news channel, Karan Johar said:
- I completely understand the anger and the anguish that surround us.
- There is nothing that can justify this terrible feeling of terror.
- But, banning Pakistani artists is not an accurate solution for the same.
- The larger forces have to come together and sort the situation.
“If my film is targeted because of this, it will make me exceptionally sad because my intent was to put out a product out of love and nothing else,” Johar added.
What else Johar said?
- I am a filmmaker and just telling a love story.
- Presently, I have become a soft target of many but I have combated such situations earlier also.
- Our industry make movies and our major focus has always been of spreading love.
- People all around the world and India are happy with it.
In the wake of Uri Attack in which 18 Indian soldiers were martyred, MNS is protesting against the entry of a Pakistani actor in Indian film. MNS has even threatened Fawad to leave the state within 48 hours or he would have to face dire consequences.
- The film has also remained with controversy after Ajay Devgn accused Karan Johar of paying Rs 25 lakhs to Kamaal R Khan to give negative reviews.
- ADHM is directed and written by Karan Johar.
- Shah Rukh Khan will play a cameo in the film.
- The music has already been a hit and the trailer is being appreciated.
- The film is set to hit the theatres on October 28.