TRENDING TAGS :
Hard Kaur receives award from Maharashtra government
Mumbai: Bollywood’s first female rapper and music composer Hard Kaur was honoured with Maharashtra Ratna Award for her contribution in the music industry.
“I feel very blessed to have received such an honour like this and to be able to perform for the people of Maharashtra and an average human being who may not afford to buy tickets to watch people like myself perform,"Hard Kaur said.
- Hard Kaur was born in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh but after her father’s death she moved to Hoshiarpur.
- Her mother remarried a British citizen and her family moved to Birmingham, England.
- Hard Kaur did her schooling and after developing interest in hip-hop she started her music career as a rapper.
- Hard Kaur is one of India’s leading musicians and celebrities with fans across the nation.
- She co-wrote a hit single for the Indian gangster underworld flick ‘Johnny Gaddar’ alongside the Indian equivalent of triple Grammy award winners Shankar, Ehsaan & Loy.
- She went on to become one of the most sought after performers for music in Bollywood blockbusters.
- Today her discography over the last 2 years includes over 20 smash hit records as part of movies including ‘Singh Is King’ to ‘Bachna Ae Haseeno’, Laung da laskara- Patiala House, ‘Chaar baj gaye’- Faltu, Sada dil vi tu- ABCD.
- She turned music composer with her track ‘Aashiq Mizaaj’ ‘The Shaukeens’