Here is Dia Mirza speaking her heart out!
Lucknow: Actor, Director, Humanitarian, producer Dia Mirza speaks her heart out on many phases of her life she has passed through.
In an interview to media, she talked about growing in Hyderabad, her marriage to Sahil, ageism in industry, making people nature-friendly, how leopard was named after her.
When Dia was asked about her experience in Sanju, she stated:
- It was terrifying. The gap between my last film and Sanju, was a period of uncertainty and unknowing and this was an absolute fear.
- Raju knew that I was going through a crazy, unsettling phase. As he was my close friend, I use to share everything that why I am not being offered good parts, and I get lead roles in the movies I would not want.
- I find myself at a perplexing juncture of my life as a woman in Hindi cinema. Because once you cross the age of 30-32 (and I am 36 now), you are not given so importance.
- Everybody is obsessed with working with young ladies,especially men. They also focus on fresh casting.
- There is also a certain aspect in the industry that believes that because you are married you are unavailable to the audience.
When Dia was asked about how her Husband feels when she has to communicate with other men of the industry for her work, She said:
- Sahil is a very confident man and he is very comfortable with it. He is very understanding and has no problem at all.
- In Fact, Sometimes I am attacked with jealous, when Sahil had to contact with other girls regarding his work. But, i don't get it into the immature or impractical fights. but, I do do let him know that i am jealous.
ALSO READ: The true meaning of ‘Love’!
Whose relationship you admire from Bollywood?
Dia said that I love the relationship of Javed Akhtar and Shabana Azmi. It's fascinating.
How was your world affected, when your parents got separated when you were only 5 an half years?
- I grew up wanting a normal life. I couldn't understand why I had to have two sets of parents.
- But, after few years, it disappeared as I lost my father when i was nine and i didn't have any relationship with my step-mother as she did not want.
- Later, my mother married to Muslim man (Ahmed Mirza).
- By the time I was seventeen and half, I moved to Mumbai and started working.
- Three-years later my step father passed away. I never had my life normal.
When it comes to make people aware about environmental sustainability and wildlife protection, no one is perfect than United Nation Goodwill Ambassador for Environment Dia Mirza.
Dia, in 2010 adopted two leopards at Lucknow Zoo. She also named them as Ashoka and Nakshatra. The mother of the cubs, who have now turned into adult leopards, was also named as Dia.
The history why leopard was named Dia
In December, 2004, a leopardess strayed into human settlements in Mirzapur district. later, she was rescued by forest staff and brought to Lucknow Zoo.
Since, the animal was rescued from Mirzapur, it was called, "Dia of Mirzapur'.
Soon, it was shortened to Dia Mirza.
After some time, Dia (leopard) was mated with a male leopard (Akbar) who was brought in Lucknow Zoo in 2006.
In June, 2009, the couple was blessed with two cubs.