GoI makes Akshay Kumar's dream come true, launches 'Bharat ke Veer'
New Delhi: Launching the application and donation portal with Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar applauded and thanked the Government of India (GoI) for giving life to his dream.
On the occasion of Shaurya Diwas, Akshay Kumar launched the website 'Bharat Ke Veer' and also praised GoI for making his dream come true. He said that this will provide a platform to everyone, so that they can help the families of the martyred soldiers.
At an inauguration of the web portal, Akshay said, "Everybody wants to connect to people in uniform in their pain.It was a small dream and to fulfil this dream, our government really helped us. I want to thank everybody with my folded hands. My father was in Army and I am here as his son. Thank you everyone."
ALSO READ: Army foils infiltration bid in Kupwara district, four terrorists killed
When asked about how he got the idea of creating the website, Rustom stated, "It took exactly two and a half months. The idea stuck in my mind, three months before, when I was watching a documentary movie on terrorists, which showed how terror leaders financially support the families of the terrorist who carry out terror acts.”
What Rajnath Singh said?
- It has been our constant effort to ensure that a family of a martyr who is killed in action does not get a compensation amount less than a crore.
- I have said that I am even ready to spread my hands and seek funds from my countrymen in this regard.
About the website Bharat Ke Veer:
- The portal is an IT based platform.
- Its main objective is to help and support the families of braveheart, who lost their lives and embraced martyrdom during their duty for nation.
- The donated amount would be credited to the account of the families of the Central Armed Police Force/Central Para Military Force soldiers.
ALSO READ: Chhattisgarh news anchor reads out news of husband’s death
IN SLIDES: PICTURES