Divyanka Tripathi is scared of having a girl child; writes to PM
Mumbai: What could be more shameful than a girl being raped in her own country on the day which was meant to be celebrated with pride.
The 71st Independence Day of India again reminded us that girls of the country are not yet Independent. A minor fell prey to a man's dirty thirst in chandigarh, on Tuesday last, while she was going to salute her national flag and thank those whom she thought gave her freedom from slavery.
This time nation seriously wants a stern step and not only the girl's family and friends, but many renowned people have come together to demad justice for girls.
One such celebrity is a TV actress and Ye Hai Mohabbatein fame Divyanka Tripathi, who has written to the Prime Minister, demanding an answer about wht kind of Independence is the nation talking about.
Expressing her concern about the daughters of the country Divyanka tweeted to the PM targeting the 'Beti Bachao' campaign of the Centre.
In the tweet the actress voiced her fear after learning about the incident and said that she was now scared of having a girl child. She even asked the female voters to boycott all polls in the country. "It's a 'No Woman's Land' or a Rapists paradise we live in!," said Divyanka.
Here are the tweets:
Check out more tweets from the lady in slides ahead...
Well! We respect your concern Divyanka and we hope that this voice reaches the concerned authorities.... It is high time we should finally put a full stop to crimes like these....!
- Melatonin For Children: Do you give THIS jelly to your baby?
- Sita Ramam: Did you know Pooja Hegde was the 1st choice as Sita not Mrunal Thakur in Dulquer Salmaan starrer?
- Yogi Adityanath govt announces Rs 25,000 reward for info on Shrikant Tyagi
- PV Sindhu saunters to maiden individual Commonwealth Games gold, completes hat-trick of CWG medals
- Grand Omaxe Society residents hail 'bulldozer baba' after action against Shrikant Tyagi's Noida residence
- Sensex gains 110 pts in early trade; Nifty above 17,400 in opening trade
- CLAT 2023: Registration begins today, here's direct link & how to apply
- Married couple to Get Rs 72,000 yearly pension by investing just Rs 200 per month, here's how
- Twinkle Khanna has an epic reaction to Ranveer Singh's nude photoshoot: The photographs seem underexposed
- Attention! Dangerous chemicals are dissolved in rain water