Bomb alert lifted in Cannes Film Festival
Paris: A bomb alert, put in place after a suspicious bag was found at Palais des festivals at the Cannes Film Festival, was lifted quickly on Saturday after police check.
Before the press screening of the film in competition "Redoubtable", a bomb alert prevented the festival-goers from going into the Palais, and security persons ordered to evacuate the building.
Squads of police were seen going inside the building with dogs. The alert was lifted about 20 minutes later. The entrance began getting back to normal.
The Cannes Film Festival has been put under heavy security following a spate of terror attacks across Europe. More than 500 surveillance cameras have been installed and up to 400 huge flower pots have been set along the Croisette as a barrier against any emergency.
The 70th Cannes Film Festival runs from May 17 to 28.
- We have achieved all our 100-day targets, says UP CM
- IND vs ENG, 5th Test: Ravi Shastri slams India's batting in second innings says, 'Could have batted England out'
- The Story Behind the Apple Logo
- Tina Dabi appointed new Jaisalmer collector
- Active Covid cases in country climb to 1.14 lakh
- IMD issues orange alert for Mumbai till July 9
- Caught on camera: Vastu 'guru' stabbed to death
- SpiceJet Delhi-Dubai flight develops snag, lands in Karachi
- 'Crossed Lakshman Rekha': Ex-judges, bureaucrats condemn SC's remarks against Nupur
- Splendid places to visit in Himachal Pradesh for a refreshing vacation