Amitabh Bachchan urges all to quit smoking
Mumbai: Megastar Amitabh Bachchan on Wednesday has urged his fans to quit smoking, saying, smoking is a threat to development.
Amitabh on Tuesday night tweeted: "World No Tobacco Day May 31, 2017, 'Tobacco - a threat to development.' I left smoking almost 35 years ago! Will you?"
The 74-year-old icon also wrote on his blog that smoking was injurious to health.
"Quit the habit of smoking, it is injurious to health. Aarrggh... Sounding like those adverts that come before the screening of any film," he wrote.
Also read: Vidya Balan to do a Sridevi in ‘Hawa Hawai’
On work front, Amitabh, last seen on screen as Subhash Nagre in filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma's "Sarkar 3", is prepping for his upcoming film "Thugs Of Hindostan" with superstar Aamir Khan and "102 Not Out" with veteran actor Rishi Kapoor.
With IANS inputs
- We have achieved all our 100-day targets, says UP CM
- IND vs ENG, 5th Test: Ravi Shastri slams India's batting in second innings says, 'Could have batted England out'
- The Story Behind the Apple Logo
- Tina Dabi appointed new Jaisalmer collector
- Active Covid cases in country climb to 1.14 lakh
- IMD issues orange alert for Mumbai till July 9
- Caught on camera: Vastu 'guru' stabbed to death
- SpiceJet Delhi-Dubai flight develops snag, lands in Karachi
- 'Crossed Lakshman Rekha': Ex-judges, bureaucrats condemn SC's remarks against Nupur
- Splendid places to visit in Himachal Pradesh for a refreshing vacation