Two sports men to be awarded for the first time by LU
Lucknow: It will be for the first time when two gold medals in sports category will be awarded by Lucknow University during its 97th convocation, proposed to be held on January 12.
The Athletic Association of LU has already been given the task of selecting two appropriate candidates.
LU Vice-chancellor SP Singh said that this time meritorious students of every department will be given proper acknowledgement.
Women could also get gold in sports quota:
- Lucknow University Athletic Association Secretary Dr Desh Deepak said two gold medals in sports category will be given to the students as per the instructions given by the Vice-chancellor.
- One of the gold medals for the year 2015 will be given in the name of Raja Shankar Sahay of Maurava.
- Under it, those candidates will be awarded whose academic year 2015-16 has remained good along with sports.
- The other gold medal will be given in the name of Pear Gold medal to the best sports person.
- This medal will be given to those students who had performed brilliantly in the national, international and inter-university tournaments.
- Both male and female candidates can apply for the gold medals.
Candidates could apply till December 18 in a designed procedure of Lucknow University.
- Meet the world's 'oldest dog living' a 22-year-old Toy Fox Terrier named Pebbles
- 'Over 88% adults in India fully vaccinated against Covid'
- PM inaugurates Nano Urea Plant in Gandhinagar
- IndiGo fined Rs 5L for not boarding special needs child
- This is not the Virat Kohli we know: Virender Sehwag breaks silence on RCB batters' slump in form
- 8 years of Modi govt: From Statue of unity to Lord Hanuman's statue, Iconic statues unveiled by PM
- Laal Singh Chaddha Trailer: Aamir Khan enjoys Pani Puri, hosts preview ahead of releasing it at IPL 2022 Final
- Shah Rukh Khan's Mannat's new nameplate worth Rs 25 lakh goes missing? Here's the truth
- India's daily cases over 2,000-mark for 5th time this week: Today's 8 Covid updates
- Alia Bhatt cries 'happy tears' as she reacts to Ranbir Kapoor cradling a baby: 'This video is a full vibe'