HRD ministry announces New Model Degree Colleges
New Delhi: The human resource development ministry has announced new model degree colleges across 10 states of India under Rastriya Uchattar Shiksha Abhiyan (RUSA) project.
- The minister Smriti Irani informed that 100 students will be admitted in each college in the first year of Undergraduate programme.
- There are chances that seats will be increased in subsequent years.
- The colleges will be well equipped with facilities such as portable water,classrooms,toilets, hostels etc under norms laid down by state public welfare department.
- Smriti Irani revealed about new colleges at the digital launch of colleges informing that government has invited international faculty through RUSA to design content for maths, science and engineering.
- The faculty for the colleges has been invited from University of Edinburgh, MIT, University of California-Berkeley,University of Penhnsylvania and University of Georgia, to contribute in curriculum building and improve quality of education.
- The New Model degree colleges will be opened in states of:
- Andhra Pradesh