TRENDING TAGS :
The verdict on Ashiana gang rape case of Lucknow likely to come today
Lucknow: The verdict in the 11-year-old infamous Ashiana Gangrape case of Lucknow is likely to be announced on Wednesday.
Earlier, the verdict was to come on February 9 but it could not come as petition related to main accused Gaurav Shukla was pending in the High Court.
- The Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court on March 18 last rejected the review petition of Gaurav Shukla.
- Judge Anil Kumar Shukla is hearing in the case.
- Gaurav had sought time to take the case to Supreme Court.
- Justice Sudhir Kumar Saxena while hearing the case said that verdict cannot be delayed in the view of filing a special litigation petition (SLP) in court.
The case so far:
- The HC had directed concerned officials to complete trial within three months.
- Gaurav Shukla raped the minor girl in May 2005 in Ashiana area of Lucknow district in Uttar Pradesh.
- He was declared an adult during the time of committing crime by the court in March 2015.
- The girl was abducted on May 2, 2005 by four youth in Ashiyana locality.
- They also beat her and burned her with cigarette butts.
- She was gang raped by a group of six in a moving car.
- She was repeatedly raped at a farm house of one of the accused.
- They even threatened the girl of dire consequences.
- She was dropped by them at a secluded street in night.
- She reached her home with the help of a passer by.
- Two accused Aman Bakshi and Bhartendu Mishra – were sentenced to 10 years imprisonment in 2007.
- Other accused, Saurabh Jain and Asif Siddiqui, died in a road accident while Faizan was awarded life term in January, 2013.
- The sentence against Gaurav is pending in the trial court.