Teachers rape minor Dalit girl in UP, victim attempts suicide
Noida: A minor Dalit girl was allegedly gang-raped by four men including two of her teachers in an art academy named ‘Knowledge Point’ in Gama–II locality of Greater Noida in Gautam Budh Nagar district of Uttar Pradesh.
Ankita (not her real name) told the police that she took admission in the academy to learn music and dance three months ago. Last week, she was allegedly ragged by her teachers at the academy and when she objected on it, they had beaten and raped her. Also, they had threatened the victim to kill her if she would complain about the incident to anyone.
Later, she informed her lover namely Manish about the matter and instead of helping the victim, he also raped her.
- The victim tried to commit suicide on Sunday but, was stopped by her parents and that was when they came to know about the incident.
- Police have registered a case against Prashant, Praful, Sharad, Manish as well as an unknown man.
- Praful and Sharad have been arrested by the police while others are still at large.
- Police have launched a manhunt to nab the other miscreants.
- An investigation was underway.