Main suspect of Jisha murder case confesses to Kerala police
Thiruvananthpuram: The main suspect of Jisha murder case has confessed to his crime on Thursday. The Police officials had arrested the suspect in rape and murder case of Kerala student, Jisha, two days ago. He is a migrant worker from Assam and was caught at the Palakkad border.
Police officials are, however, waiting for DNA results of the suspect to check whether or not they match the saliva, blood and other samples found on the victim's body before making any official confirmation on his arrest.
- The victim, Jisha was a law student, who lived with her mother in Kerala.
- She was allegedly raped and murdered in her home on April 28 last.
- The case hogged national headlines after the state administration faced criticisms from people for not making any headway into the investigation.
- The incident also threw light on the deteriorating law and order situation and the safety of women in the state.
What Kerala Chief Minister said:
- Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan, who came to power recently, had assured a speedy investigation and trial in the case.
- “This is certainly going to be a feather in the cap of the police probe team," said the newly appointed Kerala CM.