Lalkeshwar Singh and his wife Usha Sinha nabbed by the police
Varanasi: Lalkeshwar Singh, the former chairman of Bihar board, was arrested along with his wife Usha Sinha from Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh on Monday morning. Lalkeshwar Singh is said to be the mastermind behind the scam.
- Both are accused in Bihar toppers scam.
- The senior superintendent of police Manu Maharaj confirmed the arrests.
- The Special Investigation Team (SIT) will soon quiz them.
- According to the Police, Singh was absconding since his name surfaced in the class 12th topper scam.
- Usha Singh, former Janata dal-United (JDU) legislator of Bihar also went missing after her name figured in the scam.
- Amit Kumar alias Bachcha Rai was arrested ten days ago after he surrendered to the police.
- Lalkeshwar Singh and Bachcha Rai both were wanted by the SIT in the ongoing investigation.