Nabha Jailbreak Incident: Delhi police arrests Harminder Singh Mintoo
New Delhi: The Delhi police nabbed terrorist Harminder Singh Mintoo, who had escaped the Nabha jail of Punjab in a jailbreak incident, on early Monday morning. Mintoo was the chief of Khalistan Liberation Front and was one of the five prisoners who were freed by a group of militant on Sunday last.
The arrest has been made by a special cell of Delhi police from a railway station in national capital. Name of the station has not been disclosed by the police yet.
About Harminder Singh Mintoo:
- Harminder Mintoo is accused in 10 cases
- Punjab Police arrested him from IGI Airport in 2014.
- He is accused 2008 attack on Sirsa-based Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Sing
- He was also recovered with explosives in 2010 at Halwara Air Force station.
- Mintoo had allegedly been trained by Pakistani agency ISI.
It may be recalled that it was a second success to the security forces, as Parminder Singh who had helped Mintoo to flee, was also arrested by the Uttar Pradesh police in Shamli on Sunday last in the evening. Additional Director General (law and order) of UP, DaljIt Chaudhary had said that Parminder was one of the accomplices in the conspiracy and helped in arranging prisoners to escape.
Four other prisoners are yet to be arrested and the search is on, said the police.